BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, June 27, 2013

House Hunting Part Four

I left off on Tuesday with making an offer on the house I really liked. Now the story continues.

I put in the offer with a noon Monday deadline for getting back to us. My Realtor said she expected to hear something that day, though, and I went home to wait. I stayed off the phone and did some online browsing for things I'd need to buy for the house. If I got it.

And I waited. And waited. And waited.

Finally, at about 9:45 I decided it was probably time to wrap things up and go to bed. I wasn't going to hear anything tonight. Five minutes later the phone rang. The sellers had made a counteroffer.

They'd come back with a dollar figure that was higher than we'd expected, but still lower than the asking price. After some discussion, I slept on it and ultimately decided I wanted the house. Besides we had an appraisal as part of the contract. If the house didn't come in at what I was paying, everything reopened for negotiation.

So I said yes and initialed and signed a bazillion papers. Okay, maybe not a bazillion. They're saving that for the closing.

It made it official, though, I was under contract to buy a house in Georgia!