BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hello New Home

Saying goodbye to my old home was hard--I loved it so much--but it enabled me to move forward and have a home in Georgia. I found the house relatively quickly on my hunt--I thought it would take me forever to see something I liked. I closed on my new home July 19th. Yes, one week after I closed in Minnesota.

As I'm writing this, I've had my house a little more than one day. It doesn't feel like my home yet. It's not too surprising, I guess. If I remember correctly, my house in MN felt strange in the beginning, too. Plus, the movers don't arrive with my things for another two days.

The week between closings was hugely hectic. I don't recommend closing on two homes 1100 miles apart in 1 week. I was scrambling to get utilities setup right up until the day before the closing. I wasn't 100% successful. Comcast can't come out to hook me up until 2 weeks after I closed. That's right, as you're reading this, I am WITHOUT INTERNET in my home! Gah!

Let me introduce you to my new house.