BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, April 09, 2015

Muted

One of my pet peeves is the fact that my microwave nags me. I don't want any reminder beeps ever. I want it to beep once when it's done and then shut up. If it sits there for a while and I have to reheat it, I'll deal with it. But the thing nags incessantly.

And then I discovered it. There's a mute function! I didn't want it entirely muted, but hey, it's better than the nagging, so I selected that option and gleefully engaged it. My days of being nagged are finished!

It didn't take more than a few hours before I realized there's one small problem with the mute feature. It also mutes the timer and I use that timer constantly. :-/ Well, hell. I have a hard enough time cooking edible food with a timer. Without? I'm sunk. I also open myself up to the possibility of burning my house down. I tend to wander away from the kitchen and get involved in projects.

No mute for me. I did, however, discover I could manage the volume. The microwave might be nagging me again, but it's going to do it much softer.