BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Purses, Purses, Purses!

Cleaning out the family home in Minnesota revealed some interesting things. Like my mom's purses. Most of them were mom or old lady purses and we donated all of those to charity, but we also found some really interesting bags, too.

Like the alligator bag with like an actual alligator head and little legs on the flap above his head.


It made me laugh and I had to take a picture of it. I can't remember if there are little legs on the back, too, but I think there might have been.

My mom also had some super cool purses, too, and I brought those home so I can use them myself. One of my favorites looks like something straight out of Mad Men. It's a red clutch with a clipping closure on the top. You can't really see it in the photo, but it's a fairly typical clip.





Of all my mom's purses, I had a favorite. It's a definitely a bag of its time and I don't care. I think it's fabulous. I haven't used it yet, but I should while it's still summer. It's a white bag.




I'm not a huge fan of the plastic handles, but everything else about the purse is awesome!

I also found a couple of super cool scarves, the kind you just drape over your head and wrap around your neck, great for riding in a convertible. :-) I don't have one of those, but maybe I can use it with my sunroof open instead. It kind of makes me wish that scarves like this would make a comeback. They also seem like a very 1960s look, but one that I could get behind.