BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Stand Up Revisited

***No compensation of any kind was received for this post or any other post on my blog.***

Back in June, I talked about an app I'd put on my phone to remind me not to sit too long. It's called Stand Up and you can read my earlier blog post here. After using it for almost a year, I wanted to revisit it briefly.

I've redone my settings so that my Stand Up timer goes off every 30 minutes. The default is 45 minutes and I discovered that was too long for me. However, the big problem is that every 30 minutes is annoying. I've started to curse at the pinging timer. It's also hugely annoying when I get a blank spot in my day timeline because I forgot to hit the button confirming I had stood. The blanks bother me a lot more than they should.

You're probably thinking if it's this annoying, why don't you take it off your phone? Believe me, I've contemplated it. More than once. The problem is that I need it to tell me to stand up.

I always get involved in my work and forget to move. The reason I downloaded the app to begin with is because I would sit in one position for far too long, try to stand up, and feel as if I'd been hit by a bus. This had to change and the app helped. It still helps. It's just so aggravating.

Sigh. So I'll keep on using it and I'll keep on cursing it every time it pings because the benefits are worth the irritation.