BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, June 08, 2017

Vacation Plans Go Awry

With a week off from work, I had a list of projects I wanted to get done around the house. Things that had been on the list for years, but had been neglected because I'd spent so much time in Minnesota helping my parents try to clean out their house. But that's another story. Anyway, we started on the office that first weekend. Then, on Monday, I had a doctor and dentist appointments, but that was one day. We'd pick up again on Tuesday.

Well, not quite. I've had knee issues all my life--okay, not quite, but I did see a doctor about my right knee for the first time when I was around 13, so most of my life. Since I've moved to Georgia, though, my knee issues have been getting worse and worse, and since December, my knee hasn't felt good at all.

I mentioned this to my doctor. She referred me to an orthopedist. Okay, one more appointment for the week. I was able to get in on Wednesday. And I was given an injection of steroids in my knee! And also referred to physical therapy for four weeks, twice a week. Sigh.

Then there was my dentist appointment where the hygienist discovered a cracked tooth. I knew what this meant because I'd had this happen before. Crown. And when the dentist came in, she agreed that it was a good idea to take care of this before the tooth broke. I've had a broken tooth and didn't want to go through that again, so it was decided.

I was lucky and they had an opening on Thursday. At 8am. Gah! But I took it because I didn't want to have to take more time off work.

So my vacation--which wasn't going to be fun to begin with--became a lot worse than expected. First, a needle in my knee, which didn't feel good for more than 24 hours after receiving it. And second, nearly two hours in the dentist's chair getting most of the crown work done. All that's left on that is the permanent crown.

My office remains a disaster.