BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Amazing

I just reread what I posted this morning before I went to work. I see I used amaze or amazing three times in one short paragraph! Considering I just finished coffee, I guess I'm lucky I could post anything halfway coherent.

Speaking of amazing, the Barnes and Noble.com watch continues. This morning, The Power of Two was down to 234! Whooo hooo!!! Actually, I think it was even down as low as 222, but I can't quite remember. In any case, this is the best ranking I ever had! But I haven't seen anything about anyone actually having the book or having read it. I'm dying to hear some feedback. Okay, let's be honest, I'm dying to hear how much people loved it. Neurotic writers need ego strokes.

So anyway, I sold my third book yesterday and it's part of a series like my second. What I totally forgot was how much time was taken up in the beginning on series issues and things completely unrelated to actually writing the book. It's coming back fast, though. Anyway, still addressing some continuity/plot issues, but once I actually start writing again, I think I'll have a much better grip on what I'm doing. It's worth it in the long run, but right now I feel like a horse in the starting gate, just raring to go.