BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Progress!

It's now two hours since my last post. I can tell until the novelty wears off, I'm going to be making a lot of boring entries. Oh, well, no one has to read except me.

I finished reading through my chapters one last time and making small corrections. I think I'm happy with the way they turned out. Maybe. This is where the neurotic part comes in. One of my sayings is: All writers are neurotic, it's just a matter of degree. I might just be on the high end of the spectrum, although I've seen a few others more hyped up than me.

So I read through my two chapters (proposals are usually three, but I've turned in two before) and I like my characters. I think their personalities are coming through and that they're developing depth as we go along. (Not a royal "we," by the way. My characters are as real to me as people and we're in this storytelling thing together.) My friend tells me I have the suspense in and the tension, so I'll just have to trust her. I can never see any of this in my own writing, but others can.

I still need to work on the synopsis, but I'm taking a short break now and then I'll start frustrating myself with that thing.