BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Totally Fab Tuesday

It's amazing sometimes how neurotic writers can be. I never cease to amaze myself. And the mood swings. From down to excited in the space of a couple of minutes. It's amazing. I used to be so well-balanced emotionally and grounded, but that was before I sold my first book.

I'd colored outside the lines on my proposal. I tend to do that. And when I didn't hear anything by lunch time, I was sure I'd colored too far outside. Or that I sucked, one of the two. Then my agent calls, we've got an offer, and that fast, I'm all excited again. Yep, I'm going to be one busy writer for the next 4 1/2 months, but I will have a book out in 2005 and I get to write characters that I've been interested in for months. Hurrah!

Then to add icing to my cake, The Power of Two was in low numbers again on Barnes and Noble.com I made it all the way down to 347 last night!!! If I wasn't so busy writing the LONGEST email I've ever written in my life, I would have happy dog danced around the room.

BTW, longest email ever took hours to write. Finally, it dawned on me that I'm using a computer with Windows ME and I better save the thing as I continued writing it or I might lose it when the inevitable big blue screen of death showed up! It didn't, thank God, but I REALLY have to get my good computer fixed. And no, I didn't accomplish my one goal for yesterday, but I must do it soon. Must, must, must. I really need a personal assistant to handle things like this for me, though. Time is short and I'm tired. I didn't finish the longest email ever until after 10pm, and by the time I got ready for bed, it was after 11pm. Since I get up at 4am for work, it's not a pretty picture.

Speaking of work, gotta run.