BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

News Junkie

Maybe it's because I attended the School of Journalism at the University of Minnesota, but I can get totally wrapped up in news coverage. Last night was one of those nights. I knew there wouldn't be any election results early and I knew I needed to write and get some sleep. Is that what I did? Heck, no! I stayed up and flipped from station to station. Sigh. Why do I do this to myself? I ended up oversleeping again and the news people look better than I feel right now and they've been up all night!

I did start chapter 3 yesterday, but I didn't get very far. And when I came home, I messed with the blog some more. I found instructions on how to personalize the template and wanted to make this more me. Of course, that took some time because I had to try out different colors. I'm curious if I can add my own header, but I didn't investigate that.

I received a couple of really nice emails yesterday, so I'm feeling a bit better now about The Power of Two. But also had a friend post on a board I'm on about how she's tired of neurotic writer blogs. Hmm. All writers are neurotic, but maybe I need to re-think my focus here. Maybe no one is interested in hearing about my insecurities when there are plenty of other insecure writers.

Also, I've been inundated with entries for my contest. They started arriving yesterday and still keep coming. I did a search, and sure enough, it's posted on a sweepstakes site. That's okay, I guess, since the answer to the contest question isn't there so they still have to read the excerpt. Maybe some of them will like my writing enough to give The Power of Two a try. And I get to add them all to my newsletter list since it says right on the contest page--you enter, you're subscribed.