BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, November 04, 2004

No Answers

Mulling overnight did not present me with any answers to my Conor and Mika dilemma. I'm starting to feel that panicky feeling in the pit of my stomach. What if I can't write any more???

Okay, taking a deep breath here. These characters barged right in and I didn't have any problem writing the first two chapters. I just need to think some more. Maybe I don't know my characters well enough. Maybe if I fill out lengthy character sketches I'll be able to write chapter three.

But it's more the suspense part than the hero and heroine that is giving me problems. They're happy to play, they just don't want to get the story moving. I've had this happen before where the characters were too fascinated by each other and I ended up having to rewrite the entire proposal. I don't have time for that kind of revision here, not with a 4 1/2 month deadline.

Plan for the day. Fill in lengthy character sketches. Make notes on exciting things that could happen in this chapter that involve plot, not characters. Breath. Deeply. Often.