BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Chat Tonight

All the authors in the 2176 series--Susan Grant, Kathleen Nance, Liz Maverick and Me--are doing a chat tonight at 9pm Eastern time. I put the link up in the title, so if anyone wants to come, they can find us. I just have to hope I can remember my sign in for this board because I haven't been there since we did our last chat for them back in May or June. I also have a link on the home page of my website. http://www.pattioshea.com

These chats are usually a lot of fun, but they run late for me! I'm also still using the backup Windows ME laptop. I can only hope the computer doesn't have a meltdown during the chat. It's done it before. I'll have to reboot before the chat and not login to anything except the chat. No multi-tasking. Maybe then the computer will stay up and running.

The morning writing report: Had a fab day yesterday and produced lots of pages. It really, really helped that the conference room at work was empty and I was able to have some quiet! It amazes me how inconsiderate people can be and on such a constant basis. Of course, if I say anything, then I'm the one with the problem. It's never him. Sigh. Sometimes I wish I had something like in that old TV show, Get Smart. The Cone of Silence. How cool would that be?

I'm hoping to get a lot done on lunch today too. With the chat cutting into some of my writing time, I'll really need it. I'm still not sure how to end this scene I'm working on in chapter 8, but at least I finally have an idea what to do with the second scene. I just have to get there.

I was amusing myself last night by planning what to bring with me on Saturday. Unfortunately, I need to get the SUV serviced and they always take forever even with an appointment. So I started thinking, gee, what if I brought in some of my reference books on demons to read? :-) I bet that would prompt them to move a bit faster and do a good job, don't you think?