BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Dragging

Here I am, drinking coffee at 6:30 on a Saturday morning. Ugh! My dad made arrangements for me to go to Cub (supermarket here in MN) to autograph copies of The Power of Two at 7:30 this morning. It's just shelf stock, it's not like this is an autographing for people, which considering how lousy I feel is a very good thing. Yep, I'm sick. Luckily, though, I'm still drinking coffee. It's a neutral. I'm not liking it, but it's not disgusting me either. I'm taking this as a good sign.

I guess it's better to do this early in the morning before the store becomes packed with people. And it will. It always does on Saturdays. Plus, the temperature is supposed to be dropping throughout the day so this is as warm as it's going to be. Still windy, but since it's going to get worse, I guess this is okay.

My dad asked me to make up a sign for Cub the way I did for Ravyn's Flight when they sold it, so I did that last night when I got home from work.

I also went looking for some more pictures of the model I'm using for Mika in my Crimson City story. There's a guy at work who's drawing her and Conor for me, but he asked for more pictures. I found a lot, but they needed to be cropped since he only needs the face. I have to get that organized and printed out for him before Monday.

I don't know how many pages I did yesterday, but I wrote a lot. Or at least it sure seemed like a lot. I'm nearly done with the first scene in this chapter and I know what I want to do in the second scene. I'm still behind schedule, but I'm hoping to make up some ground this weekend. This being sick thing is a pain.