BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, December 11, 2004

I'm Dreaming of a Green Christmas

It didn't snow here yesterday! Hurrah! We've never had a Christmas without some snow on the ground, but there is nothing right now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the year.

I managed to kill that horrible box elder bug before I went to bed, so I was able to sleep last night. Definitely a good thing.

And yesterday, during lunch at work, I finished Chapter 8, did about a page in Chapter 9, and then went back and finished--more or less--the fight scene in Chapter 6 that had been giving me fits. Of course, that meant my writing buddies got three chapters emailed to them at once.

I can't believe this! It's 7:15 in the morning--on a Saturday yet--and the road construction crews have started up their "guillotine." For those of you who aren't as well-versed in road construction as I've become over the past couple of years, a guillotine is what they use to pound concrete and break it up. It's extremely LOUD and the vibration it sends through the earth is horrible.

The state of MN is expanding a freeway here from 2 lanes each direction, to 3 lanes. (They should have done this TWENTY years ago, but they didn't.) Unfortunately for me, I live near the freeway and work right off of it. So for the two years or so that this project has been going on, my commute to and from work has been hell on Earth. Now the state has decided to make it miserable to be home too. Why would you start pounding concrete at 7AM????

Goals for the day: Get the SUV serviced. Get packages ready to be mailed. Get Christmas gifts ordered online. Oh, yeah. Squeeze in some writing time.