BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Pajama Day

The doorbell rang about 20 minutes ago. I'm sure it's the neighbors with a Christmas gift, but I can't answer the door. I'm still in my pajamas. Just like I was yesterday when the doorbell rang at noon. Makes me wonder if I'm the only one who likes to lounge in my PJ's on the days when I don't have to go to work.

It's not like I'm up at the crack of dawn. By the time I wake up and have coffee, read email, not that much time as passed. Besides, half the fun of being a writer is being able to work in my pajamas. But apparently my neighbors leap right out of bed, into the shower and get dressed immediately. Sigh. I feel horribly guilty now, but there is no way in hell I'm going to the door looking like this. =8-O EEK!

Besides, look how late I am posting on the blog today. I had a terrible night last night. I kept waking up over and over. Yesterday morning when I got up, there was a bug on my bed. As soon as the lights went out last night, I kept waking up and freaking out, positive there were more bugs crawling around. Hardly the kind of restful night that leads one to leap out of bed and into the shower. I'm still kind of sitting here going, "coffee, more coffee." :-)

Anyway, despite my horrible guilt pangs, I still don't feel like moving yet. I haven't opened my file to write either. I did, however, get ten pages done yesterday, so I'm feeling much happier and I didn't start writing until evening.

MN Weather update: 14 degrees with a wind chill of 3 and sunny!