BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, January 27, 2005

For Computer Experts Only

This whole post is going to be about my current problem with FrontPage. You've been warned. :-)

Edited to add: It is a firewall issue. I finally got the image to show up by clearing my cache and returning to the page. What I don't understand is why my other images that link off site aren't blocked out by Norton? Why just this one? Norton is also blocking images on blogger too. Like the little edit image that allows me to go from my blog to the edit screen in one click. Bizarre.

I'm having a major issue loading an image into my website. I have it uploaded to my server the page looks right when I view it at work where we run Windows Professional 2000, but I can't see the image on any of my home computers. Both computers have XP, one has SP2, the other does not. I've tried viewing it in IE and in Firefox, neither work. I do have the same firewall on both computers and I tried loading the page when it was disabled, but still no image.

I've tried coding by hand rather than using FrontPage and then using a different FTP program to upload the page. I've tried saving the picture as a jpeg and I've tried saving the image with a different name. None of this has worked. I loaded another image on my page at the same time and that image shows up just fine. The image that I can't make appear is hyperlinked to another website, but other images that I've hyperlinked to other sites still work.

When I view the source on the actual loaded web page, the html coding for the picture shows up on the computer at work where I can see the image. On the computers where I can't see the image, that line of code for the picture is missing. I'm totally perplexed right now and can't figure out why it's only this one image. I have no idea why this is happening or how to fix it.

I've also tried loading the image on another page in case it was an issue with the whole file, but that didn't work and this is the image that won't show up in my blog either on my home computers, but I can see the image at work. It's beginning to sound like an issue with the picture itself, but I figure out how or why. The page in question is The Power of Two page.

If anyone has a clue, I'd appreciate it if you could post a comment telling me what else to try. I'm about ready to run screaming through the house. ;-)

Thanks!