BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, January 28, 2005

I Love the 90s?

I like to have a baseball game on TV--with the sound muted--while I write. I don't know how I got into this habit, but it's pretty ingrained now. But in winter, there are no games and I have to find a substitute and it has to be something that I can watch without sound, so that I can write. I've become frustrated with the shopping channels, which used to be my off-season choice and I'm not nearly old enough to have the Weather Channel running for hours on end. ;-) So I ended up watching VH1's "I Love the 90s Part Deux" for the last couple of weeks.

In a way, it's been kind of interesting because I've forgotten when things happened and this reminded me. Plus, I can mostly watch without sound, just hitting the button when something looks interesting. It's just a tiny bit too early for a retrospective of the late 90s, IMHO.

Anyway, to get to my point (yes, there is one), I was watching "I Love 97" last night and saw that was the year "Titanic" came out! EEK!!! Now I know I'm not much of a movie-goer, but I didn't realize it's been that long since I've seen a film in the theater. It sure doesn't seem like it's been about seven years. I've now declared it my resolution after I finish Through a Crimson Veil to go see a movie. Maybe even more than one if there's a few that are halfway decent playing.

My problem is that the movie does have to be something that can capture my interest and hold me for the time it's playing. I get bored easily and there are a lot of bad movies out there. I loved "Titanic," and even though it was long, I didn't have a problem. But I've also been to movies that were a lot shorter and bored me to death.

Doesn't matter, though. I'm putting it in writing here. I will see a movie after this book is turned in. :-)

MN Weather Report: 20 degrees. Wind Chill: 7 degrees. Mostly cloudy.