BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, January 22, 2005

It's the Weekend, Hurrah!

I gave myself permission not to write yesterday. This is the first time I've done that while on a deadline and I'm amazed I was able to do it without caving in. Of course, the fact I'm exhausted probably made it a little easier, as did the commute from hell I had yesterday afternoon. Once I made it home, all I wanted to do was collapse. :-)

I did read some more of what I'd already written in Crimson Gate. Made more notes to myself where I needed to add stuff and did some crossing out of the repetitive and/or unnecessary things. I still haven't finished making my way through all the chapters, but I really think this was a good thing to do because I'd forgotten a lot. Now I think I have a better idea of the threads I need to tie up in the last quarter of the book. At least I hope I do.

I slept until 10:45 this morning, but I'm still tired. Coffee hasn't added the spark of life yet. :-( But maybe I'll wake up after a shower.