BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Overslept

Like the hypochondriac who had, "I told you I was sick" inscribed on his tombstone, I feel like saying, "I told you I was tired." ;-) I didn't hear the alarm for nearly an hour this morning and now I'm really, really running late.

Finished the scene (and the chapter) I was was working on yesterday and I'm now on the final stretch in this book. There is light at the end of the tunnel--but it's called revision. Things are fabulously bleak between Conor and Mika, there's been a murder, and there's a nice, moody scene in Conor's POV. At least I hope it's nice and moody.

Read through the first 5 chapters yesterday and they might not totally suck. I made notes in the margins for stuff I wanted to add and/or fix or think about some more, but for the most part, I think it's a solid start. And I feel like hitting the backspace key, afraid I'm jinxing myself by typing that. =8-O

Edited to Add:

MN Weather Report: 17 Degrees. Wind Chill: 1 degree. Wind 18 mph, gusting to 26 mph.