BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Same Old

I've been trying to come up with something interesting to write here today, but I'm afraid it's a lost cause.

I could complain about the computer migration that finally happened at the day job and how I couldn't get into any program that I use in my job for about 3 hours until a computer guy showed up. But I don't feel like complaining about the idiocy that is the IS department.

I could mention that the road that was supposed to be closed for ONE week is now finally open again after FIVE weeks. Of course, I was stopped by heavy machinery blocking the road for a while and had to wait, so I'm not sure I saved any time avoiding the four mile detour I'd been taking for more than a month now. But I don't feel like complaining about freeway construction. Enough to say that it's been ongoing for more than 2 years now (I think) and that I have at least another 2 years to go. If they finish on time.

I could mention the horrible snow we received overnight on Sunday--about half of it melted yesterday, but now it's turning colder so we should have some nice patches of ice. But I don't feel like complaining about the weather.

You're probably thinking what's wrong? I can complain with the best of them at any time. But the truth is, I don't have the energy. Everything is focused now on this book and it will be until it's completely finished and winging it's way out of Minnesota. I've reached the point where anything that takes energy and isn't directed toward TACV is a huge imposition and where there is pretty much nothing else on my mind except the book. Which makes me a fascinating conversationalist--just ask my coworkers. ;-)

MN Weather Report: 29 degrees. Wind Chill: 24 degrees.