BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Wasted Day

Yesterday ended up being a total bust. :-( I went back to work--still sick--but I didn't want anyone to think I was taking sick time to write, you know? It might cause problems. So I dragged myself in. I did okay until about 12:30, but after that, it was a challenge to sit upright. As soon as I got home, I crawled into bed and slept. I did call in sick today--after hearing me hack yesterday, no one can question it. I took the cough medicine with codeine in it and I'm loopy right now. :-) I also haven't coughed too much this morning.

Needless to say, that my plans to read through TACV didn't get very far. In that respect, the whole day was wasted. As soon as some of the codeine wears off, though, I'll pick up the manuscript again and get reading. I don't have time to be sick. This just totally blows.