BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Blogger Blues

Looks like Blogger is finally back up and running. I've been trying to post my brilliant and well-thought out entry all morning, but couldn't get into the system. Now, of course, I've forgotten what witty and intelligent things I planned to say. ;-) And if you believe this, I've got this bridge...

It's so weird how different NYC is as far as when work starts and stuff. I read 9:30 for this one publisher and I was like, whoa! I start work at 6am--by the time it's 9:30 here, my day is almost half done. I couldn't imagine working until 5pm or later. ICK! Of course, I'm not a huge fan of getting up at 4am either, but when I'm done working for the day, and get home, I can still spend time outside in the summer. Of course, I used to spend more time outside before I sold my first book. Now I can't see the laptop screen in the sun, so I'm pale as a ghost since I'm always writing.

I've talked about the big freeway reconstruction project going on right now. The one that's made my commute a living hell. Last night, they brought it to new levels. I live near the freeway and whatever they were doing made the whole house vibrate. It was still shaking when I went to bed last night and when I woke up this morning. I'm hopeful for a more quiet evening/night because it's been raining here all day. It must be too wet for them to work. Right?

Oh, and before I left work yesterday, I talked to one of the tech writers about "Predator." He told me the mud thing had to do with the alien in that movie reading heat energy, not tracking them on scent, and this was a huge relief. It's also a huge relief that I won't have to watch this movie now. It's just never interested me, and with my curiosity satisfied, I'm off the hook. Hurrah!

The tech writer, though, suggested I rent a movie called "61" about Roger Maris's big homerun season and the rivalry with Mickey Mantle. I didn't tell him how horrible I am about watching movies. I just agreed that it sounded interesting, and I'd rent it the next time I went to the video store. Since it's been probably 10 years since I've rented a video, I figure my bases are covered and what are the odds he'll ask me about this movie again?

Checked out "Sin City" on the internet. The first sites I looked at didn't make the movie sound that interesting, but as I continued looking, it started sounding better. Of course, it's not playing anywhere particularly convenient for me according to the local movie listings website. Maybe the newspaper will have a few more theaters where it's showing.

MN Weather Report: 51 degrees. Rain.