BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Chapter Four and Demon Time

Chapter four has been my personal chapter from hell. I should be way beyond revising this chapter. I should probably be up to chapter eight right now, but I'm not. I'm still working on four. The part that really bites is it's a short scene that's giving me trouble. I've cut and rewritten several times and I'm hoping that this time is the last. I finally figured out how to get out of the chapter and into five, so I've got my fingers crossed that it works.

This demon time, though, is getting tough. I went to bed at 2am last night, too tired to write any more, but laid there till 4am. FOUR! Then, of course, I have to sleep late the next day. I feel like I'm on a truly bizarre schedule.

Anyway, let me bore you with my avoidance methods. Chapter four has been terrible, which means I go into procrastination mode. :-) I'm no mail on almost all my loops so no distractions there. So what did I do? Write a paragraph, check out social bookmarks at Del.icio.us. I've found the best reference sites there, but that's not what catches my eye last night.

Last night, someone bookmarked a page on how to create favicons for websites.

So in between paragraphs of chapter 4, I set to work doing just this. I found more detailed instructions on how to do it and I found free software that lets you make your own favicons. Believe me when I tell you that finding all this stuff took time. I now, however, have a favicon on pattioshea.com. Hurrah!

I've found instructions on how to add it to blogger too and will be doing that in a few minutes. :-) Maybe it would have been faster just to keep receiving--and reading--email. ;-)

MN Weather Report: 23 degrees. Wind Chill: 16 degrees.