BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, March 13, 2005

I'm DONE!!!!

Through a Crimson Veil is done! Hurrah!!! I'm still printing and have a ways to go with that, but the writing part is done!

Of course, now insecurity and paranoia have begun to creep in to undermine my joy and relief in finishing. The whispers are flying through my head: What if it sucks? What if everyone hates it? What if I missed something big? And a million other neurotic questions. I just hope they don't keep me from sleeping tonight--I go back to the day job tomorrow, which means a 4am alarm. Blech!

It's hugely surprising in a way, how on October 13th, I maybe had a couple of pages written of TACV and today, it's done. When I start a book, it always feels like there's no way I'm ever going to have a full story and reach the page count, and yet, somehow, months later, there's a book. ;-) It's kind of a miracle.

Just wanted to share my joy!