BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

MN School Shooting

I'm watching the news in disbelief. Many of you probably know this already, but I haven't had the television or radio on all day. Yesterday afternoon, a 16-year-old boy killed his grandfather and his grandfather's friend, then drove to his high school and killed seven more people. Among the dead was an unarmed security guard, a teacher and five students--the oldest was 15. He then turned the gun on himself.

My heart is breaking for the families who lost a loved one, for the friends, for the students who will live with this memory for the rest of their lives.

I'm trying to come up with more to say, but I can't think.

There's a link in the title of this post to the Minneapolis Star Tribune's article about the shooting.