BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Reading the Work

What is it about writers and our neuroses? I reread my proposal for my spin off of Ravyn's Flight over the weekend and was like, ewww! That needs work. Yet, I know it isn't horrible, right? I mean it did sell, my editor liked it enough to buy it, my agent liked it enough to submit it, my writing buddies didn't gag.

I'm not ready to start working on it. I really, really, really need a mental break, but it just feels unnatural not to be writing something. I mean I'm almost always working on one story or another and I always write on Sundays. I found myself at a loss this weekend, trying to figure out what to do with myself. I should have read a book or did some scrapbooking, but what I did was reread my proposal and fiddle with a word here or there. Sigh. It's ingrained now.

MN Weather Report: 28 degrees. Wind Chill: 21 degrees.