BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Deja Vu All Over Again

I wrote 4 pages yesterday in TOD, like I'd hoped, but I'm finding it odd to write Alex again. I'm not sure why, though. I mean I have characters come in and talk to me all the time and I don't have any problems adjusting to new voices (as long as I leave enough time between stories to shift my head). But Alex's return after almost 4 years has been strange for me. He's changed in some ways, but in a lot of ways, he's very much the same and that's what's going to contribute to his problems. This whole chapter looks as if it'll be his point of view, so I guess I better get used to it again.

Actually, whose POV I'd like to get into is Wyatt's XO. Flare is proving to be intriguing. He was in a scene in chapter 2, but I wasn't all that interested then--maybe because Wyatt overshadowed him--but he's also in this scene with Alex and I'm fighting the temptation to dip into his head. :-)

It's a really good thing, though, that I did character sketches when I was writing Ravyn's Flight--for Alex and Stacey as well as Ravyn and Damon. Considering I had these people in my head for something like 18 months, I didn't think I'd ever forget the details about the characters. I've proven myself wrong. I've forgotten a lot, but I've got these 80 question sketches to refresh my memory. I'd never planned to write anything more with any of these characters, maybe that's why I didn't retain the data, but I promised everyone who asked for Alex's story that I would write it if he ever showed up again. He did and here I am. :-)

MN Weather Report: 50 degrees.