BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, April 01, 2005

Flashback! =8-O

I started reading Ravyn's Flight yesterday in preparation for my next story, which happens to spin off of this one. It was my first published book and it came out in 2002. I knew I'd improved as a writer since then, but I didn't realize how much I'd changed until I started rereading. I found myself reworking sentences/paragraphs in my head as I went through it and losing sight of why I was reading this. Part of me would love the opportunity to rewrite it, another part of me knows that if I do that, it'll be a different book and I don't think I want that.

Yesterday evening, I couldn't stand not writing any longer, so I put aside RF and opened the file for the spin off. The chapter 4 I originally wrote doesn't work any longer because of all the rewriting I did to the first 3 chapters, but some of it can still be used. I started reworking it, but the writing totally sucked! It's amazing how a few weeks off can affect this so heavily. :-( And I'm sure that the fact I haven't touched this story since last October didn't help either, or that I was so tired last night. I officially resume on Sunday, and I'm hoping if I tinker a little for a few days, maybe the writing will flow better by then. It was a very frustrating night.

MN Weather Report: 37 degrees. Wind Chill: 30 degrees.