BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Freeway Construction

Since I'm running so late this morning, I thought I'd share a few pictures from part of my commute instead of doing a lot of talking.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Here's traffic wedged into two narrow lanes each direction. This is an off peak time.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Southbound lanes were torn out, as you can see, and routed onto the Northbound side.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Same view, but you can see the sewer pipes they're putting in better here. Yes, two more years of this--minimum.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


This is the view a little farther south. You can't really tell, but half the bridge is torn out here, but I've stopped using it anyway because just off to the east, the city is doing construction on the intersection, leaving one hell of a traffic mess in the area.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Another view of the dirt and mess associated with the freeway construction. I'll have to get a picture when it's rush hour and share the full extent of my misery.

MN Weather Report: 36 degrees. Wind Chill: 28 degrees.