BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Page Counts and Calendars

I whipped out my calculator this afternoon and figured out approximately how many more pages I'd have to write to reach 450. (I'm budgeting my time on the WIP for 450 pages instead of 400 because I always go over anyway. If I actually finish the story in less pages, then I'll be ahead.) Took out my calendar and wrote out where I need to be on page count on which day. I can finish this story by the end of September--even taking a week off for the RWA conference--but I'm going to have to push. No more online mini-golf!

The thing that's going to mess up my oh, so pretty schedule is galleys. Those should be coming for Crimson Veil either next week or the one after, and since I read through them three times looking for mistakes, this is going to eat up pretty much a full week. Which means I'm going to have to make up the time somewhere. :-/

I didn't get much writing done today. I had to read through the tweaked promo thing and tweak the tweaks, then send it back. I had just finished and had opened chapter 6 in the WIP when Loud Vendor Guy wheeled into work. Of course, LVG could not logon to his computer without calling his company's IT help desk. He calls them *every* time he tries to logon to his computer--almost at least. Needless to say by the time they fixed his little problem, my lunch was over. I think I wrote 3 sentences. Sigh. I really hate it when the conference room is in use during lunch. I need the quiet to write.

MN Weather Report: (you know you're dying to hear it!) 89 degrees. Heat Index: 91 degrees.