BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, June 06, 2005

Why do the weekends fly?

I still feel like whining about going back to work today. I can't even say how much I wish I could write full time or how envious I am of writers who are able to do it. Why couldn't I win the lottery or something? I mean aside from the fact that I never buy a ticket.

Anyway, I took my final exam from my online class yesterday and scored 92%. That puts me in the low end of the A's. That's acceptable. I'll confess, though, that I still don't feel confident with CSS and I might have to do some more reading on my own. I think it's because I never had time to really do the homework for this class. I had so much going on since mid-April, but it's over with now.

After I did my test, I worked on updating the website. I added the Crimson Veil excerpt and trivia pages and that took a surprisingly long time. Of course, it took forever to pick out a scene to post. And as I read through the story, I started freaking out again about my revisions. :-( I wish I would hear that they were okay. This complete silence is pretty typical in publishing, but all writers are neurotic and it's hard to deal with sometimes.

After this came all the little chore things. Sigh. It was 8:40 before I was free to just veg out and rip tracks off CDs for my MP3 player. Between not being sleepy when I should have gone to bed and freaking out about revisions once I did turn out the lights, I didn't get much sleep last night. Maybe 2 hours. If I was lucky. I want to stay home, sleep in, reread my WIP again and try to figure out what I meant to do in the next scene. Instead I'm drinking coffee and trying to figure out how I'm going to make it through this day without a) falling asleep or b) dying of boredom.

MN Weather Report: 62 degrees. Humid.