BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Forgetting Is Easy

Believe it or not, I sometimes forget my foot is broken. Okay, it only happens when I'm sitting, because when I stand or walk, the pain makes itself known, but when I'm sitting with my feet up, there isn't even a dull ache--usually. I think this is a good thing, but man, I wish I could walk faster. I'm becoming more and more frustrated with the slow pace that I have to move at. Gah!

I had a decent writing day yesterday. I didn't accomplish that much, but I did get my head successfully back into the WIP. I think. :-) It's really hard for me to switch mentally from story to story--that's one of the hardest things for me about being published because I didn't have to do this before I sold--but first I had revisions for TACV and then galleys. This last week, has been medical week, which didn't help the writing at all.

I have a friend and an acquaintance in Alabama that I'm worrying over with this hurricane. The acquaintance lives in Mobile and I'm sure she's evacuated since she did last year for whatever hurricane that was that hit the area (with all the action last year, I've forgotten which one went where.) It's my friend in MGM that I'm worrying about now. (And if you have electricity and are reading this, I expect you to check in!)

MN Weather Report: 84 degrees. Heat Index: 87 degrees. Humid!