BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, July 11, 2005

Had a Fab Sunday

I finished the chapter I was working on in the WIP on Sunday. Hurrah! I finally was able to write without my demon children interfering. It's been a long time since I've been able to say that! I feel like it was a huge breakthrough, and hopefully, I'll get a lot written now even if I can't lug the laptop into work.

I still have a backlog of things to take care of, stuff I let slide with this foot thing happening, but I thought nothing was more important than writing. And considering how good I feel right now, I made the correct decision.

I've been thinking a little about my romantic suspense story this week. It's kind of a cross between "Mission: Impossible" and "It Takes a Thief" and I love the characters. They're both wounded and cynical, but they also are so good for each other. Even if they drive each other crazy. :-)

Anyway, I've mentioned before that I'm pretty happy with the beginning, it's chapters 2 and 3 I need to work on. And the synopsis for the third book in the series. But I wonder if it's worth taking time right now to work on? I mean, I had to turn down an offer because I was already tied up with the WIP and couldn't meet both deadlines--not while working full time. What happens if someone wants this story while I'm tied up with another book? Should I wait until my schedule is cleared a bit more before getting it ready to submit? It's tough being new. There's always so much to learn.

I've also been thinking about my paranormal story (not my demon children, the other one). I bought a domain name for this series, but I'm not sure what kind of info/pages I want on the site. I know, it's a bit premature, but despite the fact that the uniqueness has been an issue, I have a lot of confidence in these books. I'm thinking that this site, though, would be a good chance to practice CSS since it's a clean slate. And as I consider what kind of info to put on there, I can't help but think about the story. Fortunately, however, this h/h have stayed safely in the background, the way my characters usually do when it's not their turn. Usually. Sigh. There are times...

Anyway, before I forget again, I got my really cool notecards from American Stationery. They turned out fabulous and I'm thrilled with the job this company did. Thrilled enough to eye their catalog for real stationery and paper. :-) Which I'm in desperate need of.

MN Weather Report: 75 degrees. Humid.