BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Is My Mind In the Gutter?

I've mentioned I've been loading songs on my MP3 player and that I have nearly my entire collection on it now. Since I've bought this thing, I've been listening to a lot more music than I usually do--it's just so convenient! I've been picking by artist or song, but this week, while I was copying a large number of reports for the FAA, I decided to listen by genre. If you've been following my blog, you won't be surprised to know that I clicked on 80s. :-)

There were a couple of songs, though, that surprised me. Despite singing along with these songs for years, I didn't realize how raunchy some of these lyrics were. It's all suggested rather than blatant, or at least I thought so, which is why I wonder if my mind plunged into the gutter or something. The two songs I'm specifically thinking of are:

  • Dance Hall Days by Wang Chung
  • I Eat Cannibals by Toto Coelo


So is it just me or are both songs about oral sex? Specifically fellatio?

There are other songs I know are dirty like Turning Japanese by The Vapors. That concerned masturbation. But I don't remember hearing anything about those other two songs I mentioned, and I'm sure I would have. :-)

Anyway, lucky me, I get to keep reading through galleys today. I'm on my third, and final, read through right now and I haven't find any new mistakes. That really worries me because I'm positive there are more mistakes in there--I'm just not seeing them. :-( This last run takes more time than the other two because I'm marking every mistake with an explanatory post it note. When I'm done, I'll create a spreadsheet and enter all the changes in there, complete with page number, how the galley is currently, how it should read, and why I want the change. :-) I'm sure there are other writers more neurotic than I am. There must be, right?

MN Weather Report: 72 degrees.