BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, July 04, 2005

It's Independence Day!!!


I pretty much finished galleys last night! Hurrah! So not only is this the United States' Independence Day, it's mine as well! I stayed up until 1am last night, but all the post it notes are in the galley and the data is entered in the spreadsheet.

I'm not completely done yet. I still have to go through my spreadsheet and decide what changes I feel are critical. I marked over a 100 things that need to be corrected and I know not all of them are going to be fixed. :-( Of course, since I'm a perfectionist and I want my book to be as close to perfect as possible, I think all the changes are critical, so it'll probably take me a while to prioritize them. After I do that, though, I just have to print out the spreadsheet and put it with my galleys and I'll be done with TACV!

Of course, that just means I'll have to work on the next book. I'm hoping now that I'm clear of Crimson Veil that I'll be able to focus more on the WIP. That's been a struggle for me, to get my head back in that story with all the breaks I've had to take for my demon children.

I thought it was supposed to be sunny today, but looking out the window, it appears to be fairly cloudy. (and it's 77 degrees) I'd still like to get outside, though, and get a little sun. My skin is pale. Other than that and finishing my spreadsheet, no plans for the day.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July!