BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, July 17, 2005

It's Not the Heat, It's the Humidity

I can't seem to get moving today and I know it's because it's so hot and sticky. Makes me really wish for central air. Even my brain feels sluggish. Probably that's why I can't come up with anything much to talk about today.

Tonight Shark Week starts on the Discovery Channel. I love watching shows about sharks, although I'm to the point where I know most of what they talk about already. I did a bunch of research years ago into sharks because they fascinate me. I even have a story idea with a marine biologist who studies sharks, but who knows if I'll ever write it.

The History Channel aired a couple of shows about storms/hurricanes last night that were interesting. One was about the 1900 hurricane that hit Galveston, TX and the other was about "The Perfect Storm" that formed over the North Atlantic. I find hurricanes fascinating. The size of them, their power is incredible.

See? Two career paths I could have followed if I'd been a little wiser as an 18-year-old kid. I could have been a shark biologist (even though I have a fear of the water) or I could have been a meteorologist and studied storms.

MN Weather Report: 92 degrees. Heat Index: 96 degrees. On our way to a heat index of over 100 degrees. Again.