BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Lazy Saturday

I meant to go to my chapter meeting today--broken foot and all--but I'm just having one of those lazy Saturdays. I was up at 7am, so I had plenty of time. I just couldn't move. Of course, some of my dawdling can be attributed to my lack of desire to don the boot. This knee-high plastic monstrosity is actually really good at protecting my foot, but it's heavy and hot. I also wasn't much looking forward to the walk across the parking lot at the community center where we meet.

So instead, I started playing with some CSS navigation for my website. It actually worked really well, and I started redoing all my pages that have vertical navigation. I think it turned out pretty well if I do say so myself. Time really flew, though! I can't believe it's nearly 11am since it felt like maybe half an hour of goofing around with the website.

As I worked, I realized just how much extra crap FrontPage throws on a page as far as coding goes. It's quite irritating, however, I'm way too lazy to code the whole page by hand even though I do have the knowledge necessary to do it.

My new plan for the day since I didn't make my chapter meeting, is to get some writing done on the WIP. I still don't know what I want to do, but maybe if I start writing, something will occur to me. I also owe like 6 gazillion email. I should probably make an effort to answer some of those.

MN Weather Report: 82 degrees. Heat Index: 86 degrees. Very Humid!