BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

No Kicking Ass For Me!

In fact, I won't be kicking much of anything for a while. This morning, I broke my foot. After spending an hour and a half at the doctor this afternoon getting X-rays taken, the prognosis was in. But I had a feeling anyway. As soon as I arrived at work this morning, I googled for info about breaking a foot. I have an appointment with an orthopedist on Thursday, but they don't think I'll need surgery. Which is a very good thing since the RWA National Conference is in only 3 weeks! I'll take all the positive energy/healing thoughts anyone is willing to send my way. This hurts worse than when I broke my little toe, when I broke my ankle or when I broke my tibia bone. :-(

How did I do this, you ask? Would you believe I was saving a little old lady from purse snatchers, and as I delivered my karate kick I felt the bone go? Would you believe I was skiing a black diamond run in the Alps and wiped out? Would you believe I was battling top secret agents to protect government secrets? No?

I didn't think so. Sigh.

The truth is, I was hopping around, putting on my shoe when I heard a pop. Yes, that's right, I broke my foot while putting on my shoes. Talk about pathetic. But if anyone asks, I'm going with one of the stories I listed above. With this kind of pain, I deserve to have an exciting adventure to share.