BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, August 22, 2005

The Fire Fund Auction

Marianne's fire fund auction is nearly finished, at least it looks like it is. I only see two more items on the bid board at eBay. Out of curiosity, I went to see what the winning bids were on some of the items. It was totally amazing! What a wonderful response from people! Whoo hoo!!!

Is it okay to admit that some of the final bids absolutely floored me? $1000, $972, $811, $760, $754, $732. Holy moley! These were for manuscript critiques of 30 pages plus a 5 page synopsis. The $1000 bid works out to $28.57 per page! =8-O It made me wonder if the volunteer critiquers feel pressure to really give someone their money's worth when the person paid THAT much to be read.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what the grand total is and I'm glad that so many people were so generous. It looks like the auction is a total success! Hurrah!!!