BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, August 11, 2005

How Long Can I Stay Awake?

The one thing that is making me nuts right now is how tired I get. I'm awake for a couple of hours, then fatigue hits and I'm asleep for another 3 or 4 hours. I couldn't even write much of a blog entry yesterday because I had to logoff and sleep. This is getting old really fast and I'm not even taking the pain killers all that often.

My foot is very sore and so is my throat. I went under general anesthesia which means they had to put a tube down my throat to breathe for me. I'm not allowed to take the bandages off my foot until Friday--it's going to be a long week.

I only have one funny story to report. The last time I used crutches, I was 9 years old. They gave me a refresher course at the hospital, but neglected to instruct me on how to go up and down stairs. There were two stairs I needed to go up to get in the house. I stared at them. I tried different positions. I could not figure out how the hell to maneuver them. Finally, I just dropped onto my knees and crawled into the house. Glad no one except my parents were there to see that charming little stunt.

So has anyone had this surgery before? I'm wondering how long my foot will be this tender. It seems after two days it should be hurting less, right?

When I finally logged on to the computer yesterday, I had 107 emails. Yikes! 80+ were from one group. I didn't bother reading most of those notes, I just deleted them, but man, how do they find so much to talk about in 24 hours?

MN Weather Report: 69 degrees. Rain on the way.