BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Insomnia Reappears

After days and days of sleeping at the drop of a hat, insomnia made a return appearance last night. I couldn't sleep to save my life. I went to bed around 11pm and was still awake at 3:15am. Sigh. I hate when that happens. If I could have been writing or something, that would have been one thing, but I was just tossing and turning. I didn't have anything weighing on my mind, so maybe I'd just had too much sleep over the week?

Yesterday was really cool. My dad opened the drapes in the family room and there were two fawns lying in the yard! I have pictures on my digital camera, but the software to download them is on my desktop computer, not the laptop, so I can't show them today. They were in the yard for quite a long time too. One mostly laid there, but the other kept eating--greenery, flowers, apples--you name it. They were a nice diversion.

I didn't take any pain pills at all yesterday. Hurrah! Ten more days till I get the stitches out and I'm looking forward to that. I'm hoping the doctor will say, wow, you healed so fast that you can go off the crutches right this minute. :-) It's good to have dreams. If he doesn't say that, I have 16 more days with the damn things. You know, I don't remember them being this big a chore when I was 9. Of course, maybe I just forgot.

It's an absolutely fabulous day here in the Twin Cities, and fear of having to go up and down stairs is keeping me inside. Despite the kind instructions on how to navigate stairs with the crutches, I'm hesitant to do it. Then there's how horrible I look. I have yellow streaks of something all over my left leg. Scrubbing while I was in the shower did not take it off. I resemble some bizarre zebra. What if someone came over and saw me looking like this????

MN Weather Report: 71 fabulous degrees!