BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Why Didn't I Think of That?

I was IMing with one of my writing buddies last night. We talked about a few things, before I asked for her thoughts on RFS (oops, make that TOD). I'd spent 2 days writing 4 pages--it was frustrating as hell-- and felt like there was nothing else I could do with the scene. Her response? Why don't you just skip it and go right to the next scene?

It was definitely a "Why Didn't I Think of That" moment. As soon as she said it, I realized nothing important happens in the scene, and that what I did need to convey, I could easily drop in later, maybe in dialogue or something. It's good to have writing buddies. :-) I don't know how I survived so long without sharing my work with anyone.

In other news, the mechanics at my airline went on strike last night. :-( I hope this is resolved quickly.

MN Weather Report: 66 degrees. Sunny.