BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Back To Work

Today, I head back to work for the first time since my surgery. I think I mentioned this before, but I'm ready to go back. Except for a few small things like waking up at 4am every morning, driving through all this lousy traffic (and the construction zones), and having to cross a picket line and be scrutinized by some private security force. But other than that...

Seriously, it was getting a bit tiresome to be trapped at home. I'm glad to be getting back to normal. Well, as normal as I usually am.

I received another review yesterday for Through a Crimson Veil. There were some nice quotes in there. They're up on my website with the other reviews. You can check them out on my Crimson Veil Reviews page.

There was one line in the review, however, that I found to be, well, odd. I had to share it with other writers, hoping we could all chuckle over it, but I've only gotten two people who've responded. One of them was a writing buddy who said she choked on her French fry when she read it, the other was a writer who said that she found the line intriguing and that it would prompt her to buy the book. If it's going to sell books, cool, but I still find it beyond odd. The quote?

THROUGH A CRIMSON VEIL is a fantastic paranormal romantic suspense thriller that never slows down from the moment that Conor wets Mika's panties with orange juice only fourteen hours after they meet until the final explosive climax.

It begs the question which climax she's talking about. Or maybe my mind is just perpetually in the gutter. I'm curious to know what y'all think since I've had so few responses from the people I've already sent it to. Is this as odd, like I think it is, or would this interest you enough to buy Crimson Veil? Or both?

MN Weather Report: 68 degrees. Rain. Humid.