BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, September 12, 2005

Self-Service Setting

Sunday was another productive writing day, and I finished the scene I was working on. Kind of. I realized I forgot to describe the room they're in and now I'll have to go back and add that since it's a futuristic and I suppose some people will expect to have the information. I hate describing things, but then I hate reading description too. I just want enough to visualize my own setting. But I will dutifully go back and describe the room. Sigh. But what a tragic waste of valuable word count.

I know, I know. I'm not normal.

So at any rate, as I tossed in turned in bed last night, I began worrying that the scene sucks and that it leached all the tension that I'm supposed to be creating. I'll have to read through it today. Hopefully, it works.

Tired again today. I don't know why I bother to go to bed on Sunday nights since I never manage more than 2-3 hours of sleep no matter how tired I am. At least the foot is doing well, although the real test will be all the walking I have to do at work.

MN Weather Report: 73 degrees. Humid.