BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Bad Start, Good End

My day started off bad. The heating element on my hair dryer went out, and I was forced to blow dry my hair with cool air. Okay, add buying a new hair dryer to the To Do List.

I managed to get out of the house a couple of minutes early. My normal route to the freeway was shut down over the weekend, so I tried an alternate route on Tuesday that I really liked, and I planned to take it again today. As I'm heading down the road, I see a sign that says, "Road Closed Ahead." Sure enough, without giving any warning the day before, they'd shut down the road to my alternate entrance ramp. I made a U-ie and tried alternate route number two. This little escapade made me late for work. Grrr.

The good news comes in at my doctor's appointment. I'm officially released from the boot!!! Hurrah! And I was called his star patient. Yes, I am an overachiever. ;-)

It's been really odd, though, walking without the fashionable cam boot. I've had it on for 4 months and it just feels wrong to walk without it. And stairs? Wow. Talk about a weird sensation. I think I'm going to need a little transitional period here.