BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving! I had a really cute .gif I was going to post, but I think it's on the laptop I leave at work. Oops!

Today, I guess, is a day to list all the things we're thankful for, but I'm not going to do that. Too expected. So I'll just wish y'all moist turkey, perfect stuffing, and no family squabbles. :-)

My day will consist of a brief, cameo appearance for Thanksgiving dinner with my parents, but the rest of the day will be spent working on Eternal Nights. (I'm still trying to get used to that title!) I need to do a read through from start to finish, and make some notes on what I need to do. I also need to get the timeline straightened out. I lost track as I was writing. This will be something else to jot down notes on.

I did work yesterday on chapters 12 and 13. I had a logic hole in 12, which leaked into 13. Thankfully, it just affected a few scenes and not story structure, so I fixed everything that tied into this, and I'm now ready to move forward.

After I finish the read through, I've got markups from one of my writing buddies to go through, and work on. I'm not sure if I'll get to it today because 480 pages is A LOT to read through, but I'm sure going to give it my best effort. My mantra will be cut, cut, cut. :-) Anything extraneous will have to go.

I'd also like to make a run over to the house today, and see what they've accomplished since the last time I was there, oh, two weeks ago or so. Good thing my dad can stay on top of this for me.