BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Homestretch

If I can write lots of pages this weekend, I might finish the first draft of the Now Unnamed book. When I talked to my editor, I told her to expect about 475 pages, now I'm wondering if I'm going to be closer to 490. Gulp. It seems to be taking an inordinately long time to wrap up this story, and I have to finish up Alex and Stacey too, which is why I think I may need the extra pages. Kendall and Wyatt are moving along nicely. Stacey and Alex. Sigh. Anyway, as I revise, I will be looking for anything I can trim out of the story.

I did about 6 pages yesterday. They're a little rough, but move things along nicely. However, now I have some questions as to whether or not my epilogue will work. Instead of simply wrapping everything up, it raises a new issue, and then wraps everything up. I have to figure out a way to either raise that issue in the book itself (because it clearly is an issue for Wyatt), or find a way to have it not be an issue. I have an inkling of an idea.

Still trying to come up with a title. I sent about half a gazillion suggestions to my editor, but none of them clicked. I've put out the cry for help not just here, but on other boards I visit, so hopefully, one of these ideas will strike the right note. I'll send the email off before I go to work Monday morning, so there's still time to get your ideas in! Please!