BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, November 10, 2005

To Boot or Not to Boot

I don't know if I'm doing too much walking (probably) or if it's just too soon to be out of the boot, but my foot was really hurting last night. Of course, I'm sure it didn't help that I did the walk through with the electrician last night--poor man. I kept asking him, well, what do you think? Because I had no clue what I wanted to do on a lot of it. I just know that I want a lot of light, and a lot of sockets.

They have the windows in already, and the shower in the master bath as well as the tub/shower combo in the other bathroom. I don't think I like the shower they put in the master bath. It's wider than my current shower, but looks narrow. But there's no room to put in anything else, so I guess I'll live with it.

I finally downloaded the pictures I took last Saturday. I tried to put them up on one of my websites, but my ISP appears to be having a lot of trouble with their members' personal web pages. If that ever starts working again, I'll post a link so y'all can oooh and ahhh.

Ooops, I wandered off. Anyway, my foot hurt badly enough yesterday that I'm debating whether or not to wear the boot today. Maybe I should while I get used to walking again. The doctor had me restricted on the amount I was allowed to do until the boot came off, so maybe I'm just not used to it.

I received an email from an editorial assistant at my publisher asking for information so they can start working on the cover for Temple of Dreams, so I spent last night trying to pull that together and not writing. It took a lot of time. I have two things I need to add this morning before I email it.

Also, I need to dig out a good luck card for a friend at work who is leaving NWA. (Lucky woman!) If the guys I work with got her a card or sent an envelope around, they did it while I was off and no one thought to pass it to me when I got back to work on Tuesday. I swear, these guys think that because I'm a woman, that I should be the one to buy a card and pass it around and organize the going away party. Grrr. Gee, guys, what part of I'm on deadline don't you understand? I don't have time to take care of my own life, let alone organize the going away deal. Men.