BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Blogger Problems

Apparently, I can post to my blog, but I can't see the page. I keep getting a 404 error. Of course, that's not stopping me from making my early morning ramble. I'll just have to hope that Blogger straightens itself out at some point.

I have to laugh. Some author sites give writing tips. Others discuss issues of interest to readers and/or writers. Visit my blog, and what do you get? Links to an eBay auction for an adult movie company and a drunk Santa game. :-)

Very cold here. -7 with a wind chill of -17. I got gas yesterday and just about froze cleaning off my windows. Makes me glad I won't have to worry about doing this for another week.

I don't have too much interesting to say. I made the decision to headhop at the end of chapter 5. I hate doing it, but I think I had to. I lose way too much suspense by not switching back to Wyatt's point of view (POV). The thing about headhopping is that it can be really jarring. There are some authors that do it seamlessly (Nora), but there are a lot of authors who don't. I was reading a book a while back that had such a horrible POV switch, that it jerked me right out of the story. If an author has me analyzing why she did something and how it could have been handled to bring a better reading experience, that's not a good thing. It means I'm disengaged as a reader and wearing my writer's hat. The authors and books I like are the ones that pull me so deeply into the story, that all I can do is enjoy it.

I have a lot of work to do on the end of EN. :-( I just want to finish this thing. Sigh.