BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Time Out For a Brief Word

This morning, I erased and rewrote my blog entry about half a dozen times. It still ended up being kind of a downer, crabby note and I thought it's time to explain what's been going on since it's been affecting what I write here.

I came off my deadline, and a few days later, my mom's sister went into the hospital. They expect her to die any day. While I'm not close to my aunt, I am very close to my mom, and it's been very difficult the last week to see my mom hurting so much. This has been taking an emotional toll on my entire family.

The bottom line is that I'm still physically and mentally exhausted from the book, and the house stuff, but the emotional exhaustion is taking the biggest toll. I'm finding myself short-tempered and with zero patience for smart aleck remarks that I'd normally take in stride. So I'll try to stay more upbeat here, and focus on the more fun things, but I hope y'all will understand that some days it's going to be very, very difficult to be up.

Thanks and happy holidays!